You Only See What I Choose to Show

Don't Judge Me, You Only See What I Choose To Show You.

I still can recall the first time I set forth into the wonderful land called the United States of America. Well, I mean the second time. My first time was in Hawaii for a layover, and it's hands-down gorgeous! I even remember how badly I wanted to stay there for a longer time, but I only had the chance to take a glimpse of the beautiful place for about an hour, and that is when I walked towards another building to talk to the US Customs. The weather was gorgeous, it was full of palm trees, the beaches were very calming, and there were a lot of tall buildings. And that was most of us, people from outside the country, think what every place in America was. So when I arrived in Arizona, I even hesitated walking out of the airplane. It was summer season when I arrived, so it was extremely hot. When I looked out the window whilst the plane was landing, what I saw was boom! desert

In view of the fact that I only see the U.S. in televisions, I thought that what I see in movies, is what every place in the US was. Tall buildings, beautiful houses, beaches with white sand, tons and tons of city lights, luxury cars, the list can go on. However, as time passed by, America wasn't always as how I see it in movies. I also realized that Arizona isn't just boom! desert (as what my international friends and I like to call it), it is more than that. There's tons and tons of places to visit and explore here. You just have to explore and discover these places.

Similar to blogging, you only see what the bloggers choose to show you. You might think that you know them completely; however, there would always be some things and events that happened to them that they don't tell you. Sometimes they only show you the highlights. It might be because they don't want you to feel the same way, because even though we don't know them personally, we have the tendency to empathize. It might also be because it's just too personal for them. Don't be too quick to judge; you only see what they choose to show. 

“Be curious, not judgmental.”

― Walt Whitman


Be better than who you were yesterday.
Love,

♥ ♥ ♥
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

52 lovely thoughts:

  1. What a lovely post and so true! x

    realisebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and I had the exact same reaction when I visited Arizona, it was so hot even in October!

    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post so much! Love the quote at the end, so true and spot on. I absolutely loved New York when I visited, but it wasn't like in the films. I didn't do the landmarks, I went more into the culture visiting cute places to eat and evertything else. So special!

    Kassie www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I haven't been to New York, but I really want to go there someday :)

      Delete
  4. I love this post! Sometimes I have to put on my happy face when I type a post!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|pinterest|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a geat post- and definitely true. A lot of people say all the beauty youtubers are 'so perfect' and although i'm sure they are lovely they only show people on camera what they want them to see!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. And you are damn right!

    http://celerhinaaubrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the feels, i know what you mean, and that quote is indeed true.

    Join my giveaway here: Blossoming Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post, I really enjoyed reading it and I know what you mean... :)

    would you like to follow each other?
    Shadow Play

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quote!! It is so true. You only portray parts of yourself on your blog that you want people to see. I also had no idea that you moved to the United States! That definitely must have been a huge change! Hopefully you like it though :)
    I started my blog in September of 2013 as well! I am just now getting the hang of it. I love your blog though and Im glad I found you!!


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it has really been a huge change. :) I love your blog too! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Beautiful blog, dear:)
    Great post!!!
    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So interesting to hear what non-Americans think America looks like! I have to admit, when I first visited Arizona, I couldn't stand it - probably because I grew up in Seattle where it's so green and full of trees. But I have 2 really good friends in Sedona and Phoenix who showed me around and I grew to love it there! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that it would be interesting :) Ohh, do you really? Nice! :) Good for you.

      Delete
  12. Very interesting!
    http://www.fashionhypnotised.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very true. I imagine celebrities get this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading this post. Love the quote. :)

    Come and check out my blog
    if you want
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing quote :) inspirational!
    ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that quote! xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great thought on this. That's why we shouldn't judge base on what we just saw. There's always a bigger picture to what we think we already know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have lived one of my dreams, to live in the USA; maybe one day I'll live that boom! experience :)
    I follow you via gfc, would you follow me back? Kisses <3

    www.lamodaamimanerablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Ha ha. Yeah! :) Of course hun, I'd love to. Thank you!

      Delete
  19. This is such a lovely post :) really enjoyed reading this.
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your blog! Its so fab ♥ mind checking out mine and following me via GFC and Bloglovin'? (ill follow back) thank youu !
    aziaanderson.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11457437

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to hub. ;)

      Delete
  21. Love both of those quotes!

    http://www.champagnelifestyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great topic and the quotes
    Want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, FB and Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure, I'd love to. I don't have a Facebook page, though. But I'll follow you on GFC and Bloglovin.

      Delete
  23. This is such an insightful and beautifully worded post! Lovely post Zoe!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I missed reading your comments :) xoxo

      Delete
  24. Sorry it took me a while to get to this post! This was a really good one. It's very true about not being too quick to judge - kinda reminds me of that other post you did about not judging a book by its cover. It's a good principle to keep in mind :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I missed you, hun :) Thank you so much xoxo

      Delete
    2. I've missed you tooo! Seeing that you have a new post always brightens my day! Although I haven't had the chance to check recently, I will do that right now. c:

      Delete
    3. Aww that's so sweet of you, Star! You know what? Your comments really brighten up my day too! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to share, comment and follow. Kisses.