Insert Alt red hotspot green hotspot purple hotspot yellow hotspot olive hotspot teal hotspot brown hotspot

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Art of Giving


It's almost Christmas! Gift-giving is one of my favorite things about Christmas. It just feels good seeing people get together and bond during this holiday. I also like it when I hear Christmas carols. This is indeed my favorite holiday.

I was gift wrapping with my mom the other night for my brother's and stepfather's gifts. I was skimming through the finished gifts under the Christmas tree when I noticed there's only one name written at each Christmas tag, that is for whom the present was. I asked my mom why isn't there a name for the giver, and then she answered, "Why does it matter? What's important is we know who the gift is for so that we won't get confused." That's what really got me into thinking about the Art of Giving.
-
It is not about receiving credit for what you do; what's important is the thought of giving. Similarly, as a bible passage goes,  don't let your left hand know what you're right hand is doing. When you do something for other people, never expect something in return. You won't always get credit on what you do; don't get disappointed if that happens. As the well-used quote during Christmas says, "It's the thought that counts." Never do anything for what you'll gain from it, do it because you're willing to and you want to do it.

Happiness doesn't result from what we get, but from what we give.” 


Be better than who you were yesterday.
Love,

♥ ♥ ♥
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

46 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Very thoughtful and perfect for this time of year.

    xx Lindsey
    Whimsical Allure

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!!!!!!!:)
    stunning post! i really love it!!!!YOUR BLOG IS SO CUTE!!!!
    follow each other?
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC
    DRESS SALE GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you so much! xoxo I'd love to hun. <3

      Delete
  3. Amazing words :)

    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gift giving is one of my favorite parts of it too! I love shopping and picking out the perfect gift for someone!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! It can be stressing at times. But it's super fun! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post dear <3.. I'm your newest follower on Bloglobin' :-)

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for visiting my blog. following back~ *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - and a great reminder at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow lovely post and perfect timing for the holidays :) you're such a talented writer!

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're so sweet hun. Thank you so much! :* xoxo

      Delete
  10. i always love posts that recognize the true meaning of christmas! xx


    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an inspiring post! Now we should all bear in mind what is the true meaning of christmas in all our hearts.

    Visit my blog: Blossoming Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zoe,
    Thanks for stopping by our blog. I love this post and really love the true meaning of Christmas minus all the fluff. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a blessed New Year! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. ;) Thanks for doing the same. Thank you xoxo I also hope that you'll have a great time these holidays. More power to your gorgeous blog! :)

      Delete
  13. ahh i love this! such an important thing to highlight :) Giving back

    love from San Francisco,

    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog!!!
    Started following your blog via GFC and Bloglovin', would you like to follow me?

    xx
    http://magicalsergiofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was such a lovely thing to read!

    xoxo lauren

    http://fleshmeetsfabric.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing, so true. :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That last paragraph is so very true! Wonderful Christmas time post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment on this post. I really do appreciate it. Have a nice day!
xoxo Zoe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...