Insert Alt red hotspot green hotspot purple hotspot yellow hotspot olive hotspot teal hotspot brown hotspot

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dealing with Negative People & Hatred


I am one of those people who experienced a lot of negativity and hatred from other people that it almost always broke me. The worst thing is, he's one from my extended family. He called me stupid, bitch, skinny, and a lot of other heart breaking words. He would always criticize how I dressed, how I look, everything. Being that super sensitive person that I am, I've always been affected every time he says something. I would hear his voice every time I want to accomplish something; as soon as it gets to my head, I feel intensely melancholic about myself and don't even finish what I'm doing. I came to the point that I hated my life and myself so badly that I didn't even dared to dress up nicely and do the best that I can in my actions. My life was ruined. 

I realized that he wasn't the one who ruined my life, I am. If I didn't take every thing that he said about me personally and just let it go instead, I wouldn't have wasted my time to him. I could have enjoyed my life and treasured the moments that I had wasted when I put myself down just because of the opinion of one person.

When I started to ignore every negative words that he said, my life changed. I was the happiest that I've ever been. There's a Filipino quote that my mom kept telling me whenever I break down: "Pasok sa isang tenga, labas sa kabila," which means  "Enter in one ear, exit in the other." That's what I did whenever he said something bad about me. I just turned my attention to other things that matter a lot more.
-
In life, people would always have something bad to say about you. Sometimes, it comes in their nature, they find pleasure on other people's misery. And if you react as if their criticism will break you down, they will just continue saying mean things about you, because you satisfy the pleasure they're feeling. They feel as if they succeed when they see you break down. So please don't make them feel that way. Act as if you're stronger even if your heart is already breaking in the inside, because once they saw that their criticism doesn't affect you, they'll just get bored and stop saying negative things about you.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." Be strong and don't let negative people be the victor. You know for yourself that you're a lot better person than they are, and probably you have a better life than them. They're trying to put you down, because you're most likely above them.

Be better than who you were yesterday.
Love,
♥ ♥ 

44 comments:

  1. Great quote, totally agree! Love you blog, very cute! I am your new follower #22 ;o)
    Would you like to follow each other? Will be glad if you visit my blog
    Kisses
    Olga from
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dificult to ignore, but healthier. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, I followed you because I think sometimes everyone needs to see inspirational posts like these! I would love if you would take a look at my blog and maybe follow back.

    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the most inspiring post with a great message!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that's so sweet of you Lauren! Thank you so much. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good for you for not letting that person bring you down. I'm sure it's difficult for teenagers, but the older you get, the more you realise negative opinions are just someone who hates themself and they want to feel better by bringing someone down.

    www.bisousnatasha.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for learning to ignore that terrible negativity! Words only have power when we let let them! Stay strong Zoe!

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Blue Nile necklace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly agree on that. Thank yoy so much Rowena.

      Delete
  7. yay good for you! There's no room in your life for negative people that bring you down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep positive! xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was constantly bullied as a child and teen, at the time I thought I would explode, but now being older and wiser.. it actually made me strong and kinder to others. Negative people will always be around, as long as dont become one of them its all good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! They will, I mean at some point in life someone will definitely try to bring you down. I won't, I will never be a bully, never in my life.

      Delete
  10. Good for you hon. It's so hard to ignore negativity, but it sounds like you've found what works for you. I'm super sensitive too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this would help you too. Thank you xoxo

      Delete
  11. That is such a great attitude to take. Yay for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Negative people will always have something negative to say. They can't stand for their words to be ignored and rendered powerless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That's why we all just have to ignore them. :)

      Delete
  13. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (24), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true! Negativity is such a drag! You're such a talented writer :)

    Great insights! :)

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was such a good post. You definitely shouldn't let people bring you down. It's shocking that someone in your extended family would be so rude to you! Glad you've managed to ignore it now.
    I'm your newest follower :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the hardest part. To ignore someone in your own home. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  16. It is so important to stay strong and protect yourself from all of the negative energy in the world!

    In response to your question, I definitely recommend buying the "Leaves" Candle with three wicks from Bath and Body works for your mom or else the Ashland candles from Michael's. I personally as a broke college student prefer the Ashland candles because they are just as big as the ones you can get at Yankee but only 3 to 5 dollars depending on where you go and you can always get coupons online! The candles look like this but my personal favorites are the apple, pumpkin spice, and vanilla cookie candle. HEre is the link! http://www.michaels.com/gift-jar-candles/hd1177,default,pd.html?cgid=products-homedecor-candleandfragrance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to try and look for them tomorrow. Take care :*

      Delete
  17. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." I love this line.

    This post is something each of us need. Such powerful words, Zoe. <3

    -Kweng
    http://heyitskweng.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for this post. I am also quite sensitive (lol I guess) and I am also easily affected by hurtful words. I'm going to try my best to put this advice into practice. Thank you so much. Following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very much welcome. I hope it'll work for you as well. Thank you xoxo

      Delete
  19. Very good post!
    lets follow each other on GFC?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really good, and yet another inspiring post!
    Thank you so much!
    Please visit my blog; makeupbeautyandlifefashion.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment on this post. I really do appreciate it. Have a nice day!
xoxo Zoe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...