Insert Alt red hotspot green hotspot purple hotspot yellow hotspot olive hotspot teal hotspot brown hotspot

Friday, December 13, 2013

A Break from All the Madness


After reading the article Life of Solitude: A Loneliness Crisis is Looming, I realized that almost all of the time, I am lonely, being in classrooms and discussing about class topics is one that I consider myself as not lonely. I'm around people, that is. 

Sometimes when I think about it, I do prefer living in the Philippines even though it's a third-world countryyou really need to endure doing things manually and working hard. As Elizabeth stated on the article mentioned, "for one simple reason: She [I] wasn't lonely."

Alike the lady mentioned in the article, I do have social interactions with some people, the occasional "Hi," "Hello," and "How are you doing?" And I have one girl friend from my English class whom I exchange texts with regularly. Also, I have a decent amount of "internet friends" that includes my former schoolmates, family, mutual friends, Paulinian friends, and Filipino teens my age living outside the Philippines as I do. But I have to admit, I feel lonely most of the time. I yearn for a friend whom I could go sip a cup of starbucks or watch a movie with. I do realize sometimes that it may be just because I got used to being with my friends most of the time in my country, that they're just a text away and we could go and plan a hangout impromptu. I have people that I can share movie marathon dates with, people whom I can eat lunch with, ride a transportation vehicle with, and the list can go on.

However, when I did get some often alone times, I got even more focused in my studies because it has been my only outlet to prevent myself into thinking that I am lonely. Because believe it or not, people tend to get the work done when they're alone, less distractions. I started to reflect even more. As for my perspective, I did became a better person. I started to think about other people more.
-
Sometimes you just have to isolate yourself from all the madness in the world.  Find a place where you can be alone and reflect on what you have done and how you affected people with your words, actions and behavior. In my case, it's the second floor of our school main library, there's not a lot of people who goes there since it's surrounded with tons and tons of scholarly journals only, and I have to admit, it's quite a bit of time waste since schools already have online resources. I find myself in that place when I have to reflect or maybe just to have a break from the world, being the introvert that I am.

Try doing this some time and you'll find yourself being more aware of the people around you and the actions you do. Loneliness might make you think that you have no friends or such but it can be a good thing. However, everything still needs to be balanced. Being and feeling lonely every time might not be a great idea.  Just find time to be lonely, maybe once a day or whichever you prefer. You might discover a lot of things that you've never realized or noticed because you're too distracted socializing. 

Be better than who you were yesterday.
Love,

♥ ♥ ♥
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

38 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I felt the same way back in my teenage years and being alone sometimes helped me to learn to be with myself and knowing me better also appreciate it the things that surround me.

    Follow each other on GFC? please let me know.
    didianadi.blogspot.mx 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm glad you liked it. I'd love to follow you on GFC. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a great way of looking at things. Alone-time can be good as it gives you a chance to really focus. II quite like my me-time but it's also good to hang out with friends and have a laugh as well.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful blog :) Follow me http://thesweetsuggestion.blogspot.it/2013/12/golden-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follower# 27
    Lovely Blog :)
    Enjoyed reading the Posts.
    Following you. I hope you follow back and return the support too :D
    Cheers!
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/
    Enter to win *international giveaway* Ends 31st December
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/2013/12/dressale-international-giveaway-win.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun. xoxo I'd sure do ;)

      Delete
  5. I love my alone time as well, especially when I am working or trying to find inspiration for my blog posts...great things can come from having time to yourself :)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having time for yourself is a wonderful thing to have! I love alone time, I have time to reflect on the day, get some things done, and be inspired by what ever comes to me.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear, Your blog really awesome! Love it! <3
    Btw, wanna follow each other via GFC? Let me know ;) www.catpuff-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spend alot of time alone these days, sometimes it just lets me really think! Wonderful thoughts!
    xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post. i think we all go through this, and you've really given me something to reflect upon :)


    would you like to follow each other?
    ___________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog 'Heylinni' at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you. Thank you so much! I'd love to follow you hun. :)

      Delete
  10. I never realised how much I distracted my brain with constant stimuli before reading this. I have been told time and time again to try meditation, but now I think I really must do it to allow myself to reflect on things. I read the 'Life Of Solitude' article and it was really good, very sad as well though. I'm naturally an introvert as well and I think I must suffer from... Loneliness Denial, I guess. I'll have to work on that. Your blog is so great. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do suffer from "Loneliness Denial" too, actually. I have to admit, I don't like to refer to myself as an introvert at times. But I think we just have to accept it, because there's a lot of things we see in our perspecrive as introverts. Thank you xoxo

      Delete
  11. great post!

    http://hotlittlewhitedress.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! ))
    would you like to follow each other?
    <3
    http://irinabulgakova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a refreshing post! we agree that balance is the key

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely post :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love being alone, and I really miss my "me" time when I was living by myself :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gets the work done huh? Thanks for the comment luvie! xoxo

      Delete
  16. aww! I can relate, not that I'm somewhere far but because I am too busy that I sometimes felt I am alone with nothing but my job. Good thing I can still afford to spent some time on the things I really/missed love doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find time. ;) You're never too busy to enjoy! xoxo

      Delete
  17. Hey, I love your blog great work ;) Please come have a look at mine and let me know what you think, if you decide to follow me, leave me a comment and I’ll follow you back :) XxXx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment on this post. I really do appreciate it. Have a nice day!
xoxo Zoe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...